Breaking News

Petra Kvitova: 'Playing again after knife attack is a miracle'

Petra Kvitova feels happy with her comeback to tennis after suffering a knife attack on her hand in 2016. The Czech player, speaking to ABC, said: "It's a miracle everything that happens to me. It's more than a dream. When everything happened I did not know if I would have my fingers intact and if I could be back playing tennis. And I soon cameback to the tournaments with a lot of motivation, competing once again with the best players. Yeah, we can say that for me it's a miracle to be here and deliver my best level against the best players in the world. I was just thinking about playing again, that was my goal. Not winning titles in the major tournaments, being on the top ten rankings, being in a Grand Slam final like in Australia... I did not think that it was possible that everything happened again, to be honest."

"Mentally that's very difficult to face. This incident has an effect for my whole life. Sometimes I had flashbacks. But as the time goes on, sometimes the memory gets back to me. It happens for some seconds but then it goes away. I am not at 100 percent yet. Sometimes I think it bothers me while I play, but most of all on some certain shots. But I am playing and at a good level."

Kvitova defeated Sofia Kenin in the first round and she will now face Kristina Mladenovic on Monday. The Czech features in the Madrid Open as a defending champion.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H4p6th

No comments