Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I would like to live the life of a normal person'

In an interview with El Pais, Roger Federer was asked what person he would like to be if he could. The Swiss did not pick a famous athlete or musician. "I may choose to be a common person. How it is a very common life? How does a normal person live? I would like to do that not for a day but a week too. The work does not have to be something amazing, something that inspires you a lot, but a normal one. That's what I look for the most with my family. The Tour is not the reality."

How does he see himself in ten years? "I do not know that. Good question. I will definitely have chosen different things than tennis that will be interesting and that will make me happy. You will also have to consider the age of my children in ten years; my daughters will be 20 and my sons 15, which is something totally different to now. I hope that by then the Foundation will have grown a lot and I will have travelled a lot. I hope to be connected to tennis, in a way or the other, whether is as a mentor or something totally different, I do not know that. You can do many things."

How does he keep passion? "It's that I love playing. I remember my years as a junior and what I liked the most was to play tennis, heading into the next match. Then travelling around the world, playing on big courts, I enjoy myself. And I have a big team who supports me a lot. People look at me and they ask themselves how I do it, and they give me a one or 10% extra. I cannot do everything alone. Hopefully, there is a lot of energy left in the tank. I love coming to the tournaments and see the other players. They are like my other family."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H7H6UD

No comments