Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Give Alexander Zverev a little break'

In a press conference in Madrid Novak Djokovic commented on the tough time Alexander Zverev is going through. The German player is not having his best season and he also dealt with some personal issues in the last few weeks.

"I think it can happen for him any week", said the 22-year-old. "It can happen this week. He won this tournament last year and he possesses the quality and as a player, he possesses the game that, you know, will get him in a position to win any tournament on any surface, really. He has proven that. I think you guys have to give him a little break. I know the expectations are high. But, look, he's a great guy. He loves the sport. I have known him for a long time. And he's dedicated. He's got a good team of people around him. He has won some big events. He's proven that he belongs to the top and he is still there. Of course, as you mentioned, results-wise, maybe he's going through a crisis, but I'm sure he will overcome that and the good thing about our sport is that you have the big events every few weeks throughout the entire season so the only thing that is needed at times is one good week and here, he's the defending champion so it might come already this week for him. Of course, Grand Slams, those events are I'm sure his big priority and vision. I'm sure he wants to do well in those. He is someone that gives his best everywhere. I have respect for him. I like the game. I like his personality. So, I wish him all the best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VSXVed

No comments