Breaking News

Fabio Fognini: 'My wife Flavia Pennetta is my mental coach'

In an interview to Chi Magazine Fabio Fognini commented on his next goals. In the next weeks his focus will turn on Madrid and Rome tournaments, but the major goal, at least looking at the ATP Rankings points, is the French Open. "I do not promise miracles, but I will give myself a shot", said Fognini, who is not back to compete yet following his Monte Carlo Masters triumph. "I put the dark time aside. Thank to my wife Flavia, who served as assistant and mental coach. A bit of everything. In Monte Carlo I was lucky and good. In the beginning of the tournament I did not think I would win. Then it went great. I stay myself, I was saying bad words before and I will do it now as well."

Asked what he will do once his career ends, Fognini replied: "I will not be a coach, that's for sure. I could not afford to travel so much and stay such a long time away from my family. Then I would break more rackets than how I do now. It would be too much of a stress. I dream to stay far away from Barcelona, where we live as I train there, but in Milan. I have to convince my home's boss, Flavia. I will stay in the world of sports. Let's see in what role."

Asked what was the most special message he got, Fognini replied: "I did not manage to answer all of them but I was hit by the Minister Matteo Salvini's. That was a pleasure. We may hit a couple of balls on court."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DV8u6m

No comments