Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'I was the luckiest against Rafael Nadal'

Dominic Thiem feels pleased with his straight-set win over Rafael Nadal in the Barcelona Open semifinals. In a press conference, the Austrian player said: “I'm always super proud if I beat him because he's the best player ever on this surface, and it's always very special to beat him here on clay. We always had great matches in the past, and also today was very good and I was more lucky today and I got the win. One of my best matches, unbelievable performance, he is the best player ever on the surface, it's his court and it always requires outstanding performance. I do not know if it was the best ever but it was definitely one of the best."

Thiem will seek his first title in Barcelona after losing the 2017 final to Nadal: “It's such a traditional tournament. I loved to play the finals here two years ago, and of course I try to go one step further tomorrow. But Daniil Medvedev is I think in the best shape of his life. If I see the names of who won here, this tournament, of course I would love to be there as well."

"After the match it always feel great and special to beat him on clay and even on other surfaces. But as I said before, my tactics against him was not that different because it requires a great performance, being on the offence more times because when you let him play aggressive, you are only gonna lose. So you have to dictate rallies."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DYoHb4

No comments