Breaking News

Andre Agassi: 'I do not wish my kids to take up tennis'

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf have two children, who will not become tennis players as both of them have different passions. In an interview Agassi said they made their children take a decision in a totally free way: 'We just wanted our children to choose as they see fit and to then make sure their days reflect the things they claim to care about. Because doing something a little bit is not the deal. I do not wish my kids to take up tennis. It’s too late to ask what I wish because they’re older; they’re 16 and 14. We all try to break the cycle of dysfunction in our childhood. And I’ve done my best to do so in areas that I feel I was denied, and I try to be the person my father was to me in areas of offering strength. But, you do a lot more learning as a parent than you do teaching, and I am always trying to learn."

Graf commented on the consequences of being a tennis player in terms of physical: "Sitting here, my hips - it's hurting. I've got a knee that's bone on bone... It was hard on our bodies."

Agassi also commented on the good and bad of social media: "Social media is a double-edged sword. If you have access to promoting yourself in a positive way or be self-inflicting, you can do either. I am thrilled that I picked a hell of a time to be famous. Because, if social media was around when I was less aware of the consequences of my words or actions, I think people would think a lot less of me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DK2sW7

No comments