Breaking News

Ashleigh Barty reveals how coach causes 'best results' of her career

After powering past Danielle Collins in one hour and eighteen minutes, Australia’s best WTA-ranked player Ashleigh Barty is set to fight against Andrea Petkovic for a place in the quarterfinals of Roland Garros. Barty, World No. 8 and Australian Open quarterfinalist, has talked about her team, and the results she is achieving this season.

When asked if she would like to be coached by a woman, like her second-round adversary, the Miami Open champion answered negatively, “Personally I'm very happy with Tyz [Craig Tyzzer]. There is no reason to change. I'm having the best results of my career with Tyz.

It's nice to see female coaches out and about on both the men's and women's sides. For me, there is no need for change, and I don't think that I ever will. [...]

I think [Tyzzer added] a general development. To be honest, clarity within my options and my game, obviously working closely with Crowe, as well. Tyz, Crowe, and I often have discussions as a team, as well as my trainers, physios, everyone is very much a unit in one team. I think that's the best thing is that we are on the same page.

There are days that things work better; there are days things work worse or don't work as well. At the end of the day, nothing is as good nor as bad as it seems. The sun will rise and you get another option and another chance to have another crack the next day.”

Barty admitted having had a much “better performance” on Thursday rather than during her opening match against Jessica Pegula. She also disclosed her opinion on her next adversary, “Andrea [Petkovic] I haven't played in a very, very long time. I think I played her at the Hopman Cup when I was maybe, oh, 14 or 15 maybe? Obviously, that one is a bit of a clean slate. She's an unbelievable competitor that has been around the block, has had such longevity in her career and tough as nails.

I think regardless who it is, it's a very different matchup but tough nonetheless.”

Along with Barty, the Australians remaining in the French Open main draw are Priscilla Hon--whose match against Madison Keys has been put on hold at the end of Thursday--and Jordan Thompson--who will face Juan Martin del Potro in the third round.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KfBppN

No comments