Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I am not allowed to lose anymore'

Roger Federer will face Matteo Berrettini on Tuesday afternoon at the ATP Finals in London. Both of them lost their opening round groups stages match and their clash will be a decisive one. "My forecast, it's a normal tournament from here on forward", said Federer after his loss to Dominic Thiem. "Not allowed to lose anymore for me. That's how it is every week of the year for the last 20 years, so from that standpoint there is nothing new there.

Matteo, with his serve, with what he can do, obviously any opponent is dangerous here. He didn't obviously have the best match today against Novak, you know. It's probably also the toughest way to start off the World Tour Finals, playing Novak on the indoors, because he rarely has hiccups as well early on in tournaments. But, yeah, I've got to recover, I've got make sure I play better than today, and hopefully I can win that match. I'm ready to play anybody at this point. I'm going to try my best."

Thiem spoke about his next match against Djokovic: "He's the best right now. He proved that also in Bercy where he didn't somehow play his best tennis but still won the title pretty easy, so that's how good his level is. But I will watch that match in Roland Garros a little bit, because it was very good of course. Was also, most of the time, the right tactics I played. Of course it's not the same here. Was clay outdoor back then and now indoor. But some things I can use, for sure, in the match on Tuesday and will use to practice for that tomorrow, and probably right now it's the biggest challenge you can face, to play Novak."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Q1Qz4V

No comments