Breaking News

Auger-Aliassime about Lyon: "I want to win it. I came here for that."

Felix Auger-Aliassime, World No. 28, is the youngest player of the Lyon ATP 250 draw. The Canadian, who started the season as a qualifier in Pune, is now fourth seed of the ongoing French tournament.

The 18-years-old rising star unveiled his hopes for the event, “I am seeded so I logically am part of the favorites. It’s normal to claim the title. I want to win it. I came here for that. But I know that I am going to have a hard first round.”

“I only have good memories in Lyon as I imposed myself twice in the challenger. Coming back here is always a pleasure,” added Auger-Aliassime, who explained that his participation to the 250 works as a link between his post-Madrid break and the upcoming Roland Garros.

The Miami Open semifinalist also reacted to his portrayal on the front page of L’Equipe Magazine, “It’s a honor. [...] And being compared to Mbappe, it was very pleasing. I think he embodies healthy values. Then, I'm still far from the mark, he is world champion.”

Yet, Auger-Aliassime might be closer than he thinks to resemble the young PSG player fully. According to Marie Auger, mother of the Canadian talent, the values part may be more than acquired already, as Felix “has an aura when he steps onto the court, he is passionate and driven, but also displays his sensitive side. He is not just a good player, he is a good person.”

As for the level of his game, the Canadian described it himself, “I had a fast progression and it is true that I must manage to pass to the next level. This is the moment. I have not been far from really worrying very good players but I still have a lot of work to do.”

Auger-Aliassime will play this Tuesday against Australia’s John Millman for a spot in Lyon’s quarterfinals.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Jv3jhR

No comments