Breaking News

Being a top four seed in the French Open has zero importance, says Zverev

Alexander Zverev will have to get a very good result in Rome to be a top-four seed in the French Open. The German was the defending champion in Madrid and he will lose 820 points as he lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas in the quarter-finals, but the German said: "Zero importance. I have been in the quarterfinals once of a Slam. For me, it is about playing well. Once I play well, I know that I can be on a court with anybody. And this is the most important for me."

On Tsitsipas's next match against Rafael Nadal, Zverev concluded: "He's not the favourite probably, but yeah, he's playing well. I think if I would have won today, I would have been even better. Even maybe one more step towards really playing my best tennis. So tennis is really one or two points that decide on a match. If I played a little more aggressive in that third set on breakpoints, maybe I go up a break and win the match as well. But everything happens for a reason. And I still got to improve. And as I said a few weeks ago, I think every week is going to be better for me and this week was better than the last week, the last week was better than the previous week, and next week I hope is going to be better than this week, so basically for the French Open I'll be perfect (laughing)."

Zverev will try to defend 600 points in Rome.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HgEh3W

No comments