Breaking News

Copying Roger Federer is almost impossible, says Daniil Medvedev

In an interview to Eurosport, Daniil Medvedev was asked who he thinks between Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and his compatriot Marat Safin is better. Medvedev said: "I never had idols because I always wanted to achieve everything alone. I just want to be myself and not copy somebody. I play the way I want to. Between Djokovic and Federer, Djokovic is closer to me. Because Federer has such a gamestyle that a few guys have. Stefanos Tsitsipas may have a similar gamestyle, but he still has completely different shots. Copying Federer is almost impossible. But both players are good."

What did the drug tests officers tell him when they came to visit him thrice over four days? "They should not explain, because it's normal. If they want, they can go make you have a drug test 365 days a year. But honestly I can only say that's my opinion. But look at Dan Evans, he did not know do that to enhance his performance. The 99% of cases happen in an unintentional way. If you have a headache and you want to take a medicine, for safe you go to the RUSADA website to check the substance. But sometimes they come to your house every two days, for weeks, and it happens that you postpone a training session. With Sharapova, authorities asked: "It is something related to Russians?" I said: "Maybe, but not in tennis". Tennis is a single sport. If you can, you go living in America, Australia. So your birth country is not that important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PEHhto

No comments