Breaking News

Fabio Fognini: 'My wife Flavia Pennetta never left me'

In an interview to Il Corriere Della Sera, Fabio Fognini commented on his triumph at the Monte Carlo Masters praising his wife Flavia Pennetta. The Italian player said: "Flavia never left me. She supported me. You need to know how to stay next to me, it's not easy to cope with me. Flavia is everything: wife, mother, assistant coach. I also said some bad words... I am like this: off the court, I improve, but on the court I am different. It's like I had a double job. I went by my way, in a good and bad way. When I was wrong, and I was wrong, I paid the consequences. But I always stayed myself: I worked, I kept forward. You make mistakes and I had to learn to accept them. Then you change, you grow. In the Monte Carlo week, I think I showed that."

From the Australian Open third round match against Pablo Carreno Busta to the Marrakech opening round against Jiri Vesely, Fognini had lost seven matches out of five played. "I had started the season well in Australia, but the last two months have been very bad. I trained well, then in the match, I was not myself. I headed in Marrakech as a No. 2 seed and I lost the opening match. I broke some rackets, then I met Flavia and Corrado Barazzutti in Monte Carlo. I have chances but I did not use them. What was happening? I had lost willingness, I was not patient anymore. Sometimes it happens. In Monte Carlo, everything changed. It's the tournament of the Italians, Nicola Pietrangeli won there thrice, Corrado played the final against Bjorn Borg. I feel like at home: I was born in Sanremo, that is 40 kilometres away from Monte Carlo."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WhqgIj

No comments