Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: Winning French Open is my lifetime dream

In an interview before leaving for Paris, Dominic Thiem commented on his expectations from the French Open. The 25-year-old is a defending finalist having lost last year's championship clash to Rafael Nadal. The Austrian said: "I am fit for the marathon five-set matches. The French Open title is my lifetime dream, I will give it all."

Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu added: "Dominic has played very well this year on clay and he trained hard. He is in a good way."

In an interview to the French Open YouTube Channel, Thiem recalled his beginnings in the sport: "My both parents are tennis coaches so they always took me with them to the tennis court and of course I was really young, I wanted to move and everything so I just took a little racket and started to play and that's how I came to the sport and that's how it was until I became maybe seven or eight years old and then my father started to work at Gupta Academy and when I was 9 or 10 he sometimes brought to the Academy and Gunter played with me in the lunch breaks and this got more and more and I think at 11 or 12 he fully overtook me. He educated me all the game style and the player I am now is all his job and he had some tough times with me because he had to complete my mindset from a very defensive player to the aggressive player I am today."

Thiem played his last tournament in Rome losing to the Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in a three-set match.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2K0cE0F

No comments