Breaking News

Elina Svitolina: I learn a lot from my boyfriend Gael Monfils

In an interview, Elina Svitolina spoke about her relationship with French player Gael Monfils. The Ukrainian said: "He is a great player, he achieved a lot in his career. We share a lot of things together besides tennis. I learn a lot from him. I think it's nice to be with someone who understands you a lot, that is in the same situation as yours, under pressure and the public eye. It's good to share advices each other."

Asked what title she would love to win, Svitolina replied: "French Open. It's a very special tournament for me. I played the quarter-finals a couple of times and I won the junior event. As a little girl, that was one of the few tournaments I could watch on TV due to the time zome difference. The Ukrainian television only had rights for this tournament and I was seeing many matches. I have been dreaming to win this title for a long time."

Asked if it would be easier if she were an American, Svitolina replied: "I am happy with the country I represent and to be one of the best Ukrainians ranked, which gives me a lot of confidence. Promoting tennis in Ukraina is one of my goals. I think I am doing a good job and I am proud of being Ukrainian."

Svitolina has not started her clay season on a good note as she lost to Pauline Parmentier in the Madrid Open first round. Svitolina had withdrawn from Stuttgart two weeks ago due to an injury.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JkAjbH

No comments