Breaking News

Federer, Djokovic, Nadal made me have more ambition every week - Ferrer

In an interview, David Ferrer reflected on how the Big Three influenced his career in a good way. The Spanish player said: "I was a very consistent player, on the top ten for seven years, and for a decade on the top 15. So not winning a Grand Slam, with the longevity I had, is surprising. But there is also a good side. Seeing Rafa Nadal grow, his evolution, Federer, Djokovic... They made me better. They made me have more ambition every week. I also coincided with players of another generation and that was different. I did not have that ambition. I was world No. 3 thanks to the competitiveness I had with them. I appreciate more being world No. 3 than winning the Davis Cup. Being world No. 3 requires consistency throughout the year. In Davis Cup, we have a very good team and you do not win alone. You win it with Rafa, which is the easiest, and with Feliciano Lopez and Verdasco. We were at our best time."

When did he play his best tennis? "I take the 2012 Davis Cup tie against the Czech Republic. It was a very fast surface, away from home. That year I was the best out of my career. I won two points. Although we lost the tie, for me that's where I delivered my best tennis."

Did he ever think about what he would be if he were not a tennis player? "I did not have the time to think about it because at 12 years I was already playing. At 14 I went to Barcelona. My life was always about sports and at 20 years I won my first ATP tournament and when you crack the top 100 rankings, it's clear that you will do it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DPcWUc

No comments