Breaking News

I'd prefer to face Nadal, Djokovic in Rome as late as possible - Berrettini

In an interview to TGR Lazio Matteo Berrettini commented on his expectations ahead of the Rome Open that starts next week. The Italian player said: "I am looking forward to playing in Rome, for me that means everything, this tournament is the reason why I decided to play tennis. I feel very well, I am happy with what I am doing. Before Budapest and Munich, I went through ups and down, which is normal when you are an athlete. I am happy because I worked a lot and I always make a big effort. I feel confident, I am looking forward to starting in Rome. I am surprised by myself, now even the strongest guys start to know me. In Rome, I want to make the crowd get involved and face Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as late as possible in the event."

Berrettini will play doubles with Fabio Fognini in Rome. "There will be great times ahead. We are a funny duo, we have two different games. We have already won a title in St. Petersburg last year, hopefully, I can have a great experience with Fabio who is delivering the best tennis in his career. Why not dream big and live this experience with a lot of confidence?"

Berrettini admires David Ferrer a lot. The Spaniard, speaking about his legacy said: "I fight until the last point. Maybe that. But it was a pleasure. I love this game, this sport, it's part of my life. I finished my career when I want to finish, the moment that I want. I am a lucky man. I have to say thanks to everybody that helped me to finish like that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JFZiqn

No comments