Breaking News

Justin Gimelstob meets Novak Djokovic, leaves ATP Board

Through a statement on Facebook, the American Justin Gimelstob announced he is resigning effective immediately from the ATP Board of Directors. Gimelstob was involved in an assault case. "It has been an honor and a privilege to hold this position for the past 11 years", he wrote on Wednesday. "My job was to best represent the players, the ATP, and be a custodian of the sport. My choices and actions last Halloween night prohibit me from doing that at this time. My role is designed to work on behalf of the players and the sport and it is clear that I have now become a significant burden and distraction to both. That is not something that could or should continue. I'm heartbroken to walk away from something I love so much, but given the current climate I do not deserve to be in this position of influence."

Gimelstob met the world No. 1 and ATP Player's Council President Novak Djokovic in Marbella on Tuesday, which was decisive for his removal from the ATP Board. "For the better part of my life, tennis has been much more than my occupation, it has been my passion", the former John Isner's coach added. "I love the sport. It has given me so much personally and professionally, for which I am very grateful. Along the way, I have had some successes and failures, and undoubtedly have made my share of mistakes. I sincerely hope that I can and will be judged by my complete body of work throughout my career on and off the court; my passion, my energy, and my tireless work on behalf of my constituents and the game.

Last night while processing all of this I, fortunately, was able to spend some time with someone I respect greatly. He comforted me with the belief that from periods of pain and suffering arise a great opportunity for personal growth. We reflected on "failure" and how failure is not something to fear but rather to embrace and from which to learn. Specifically the theory of “falling forward.” I sincerely hope to be able to do exactly that, learn from my mistakes and become the best version of myself, not just for me but more importantly for my son.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Jespkm

No comments