Breaking News

Karolina Pliskova: 'I got to see Cristiano Ronaldo live'

In a press conference, Karolina Pliskova commented on the reasons why her week in Rome was so special. The Czech player won the title defeating Johanna Konta in a straight-set final. But she enjoyed her off-court time too. "My husband is a football fan and he brought me watching the Roma vs Juventus football match. Seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play is a great emotion, unbelievable", said Pliskova.

Asked what suggestions her coach Conchita Martinez gave her, Pliskova replied: "It's tough to give advice on how to win a tournament (smiling). Yeah, we've been trying, not only for this tournament, but we've been trying to work on couple things before the clay season. There were small things, small differences compared to tournaments on hard courts. Of course, she loved clay, so she knows exactly what I should do. There were small differences: movement, maybe to put more topspin on the balls, use drop shots which I never use, but I start a little bit, and to mix also the serves. There are more options. There is more time on clay, of course. We work on that. It's tough to say something. I know she loved this tournament. I think she prayed so I could win today. Yeah, I think everything started with my game. I was still playing my game, so nothing really changed."

Pliskova will play the French Open next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2M21JWR

No comments