Breaking News

Medvedev: 'After 50 mins, I was already in the locker room against Federer'

In an interview to Eurosport Daniil Medvedev recalled his loss to Roger Federer in the this year's Miami Open. The Swiss player prevailed in straight sets, 6-4 6-4. "I was only thinking about tactics, how to win, and I was initially sure to be able to do it. It was a strange match because he felt the ball well, it seemed I could lead the score and instead I had no chances. On the first set there were chances actually, but 50 minutes after the match you are already in the locker room and you understand you need to buy tickets to Moscow. I did not want it to end like this. I got angry with myself and you have to show it somewhere. I do not even remember what I said back in the day. It may be 'sh**' thrice." I always try not to cut the limit because they are men and you spend more time with a coach than with your wife or any other. In Indian Wells during the match against Matteo Berrettini last year I shouted to my coach and vice-versa, but luckily no videos appeared."

Asked how much he spends for his team, Medvedev replied: "Those are giant numbers. Some Federations play it all, the coach, who can earn €100,000 a week. In Russia, we pay for our team. And you cannot travel without a coach because you do not play as well as you do. And the more you play, the more normal is to take long business class flights. Someone brings a physiotherapist with himself, which takes a lot of money out of you. Let's say you spend €30,000 a month just for flights, food and hotel. My biggest expense was a car, I love cars but I did not pick the most expensive one."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VxtlXB

No comments