Breaking News

Mouratoglou makes comparison between Tsitsipas and Federer, Nadal

In an interview to Metro, Serena Williams' coach Patrick Mouratoglou commented on Stefanos Tsitsipas's improvements. The Frenchman compared the Greek's career to the beginnings of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. "He’s going incredibly fast and that’s a very good sign. If you look at all the… I was about to say Roger Federer is an exception but that’s not true because he won his first Slam late. I mean late compared to Rafa Nadal and others but he was very fast also. It’s a sign of someone who has the potential also. I think he’s ticking the boxes. Was I surprised? I was not surprised, I was impressed at how he could handle like, “Boom, this is done. Next stage.” After everything he achieved he was ready for the next stage, every time. That’s very impressive. He believes. He believes so much", said Mouratoglou, who has been co-operating with Tsitsipas since 2015.

On Tsitsipas' long term goals, Mouratoglou said: "With the ambitions, we have here I think it makes sense the No. 1s who come here and spend time here leave a print. The next one will be Stefanos Being a coach is… you can be satisfied as a coach if you find a way to get the best out of the players. And everyone potentially is an underachiever. Everyone, potentially. Some guys, a few guys like maybe I would say Arnaud Clement is not an underachiever. Reached a Grand Slam final, top-10. I think it’s great what he did. But it’s difficult to name the non-under achievers in tennis."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Yf6o8X

No comments