Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I just hope I do not lose terrible in the first round'

Roger Federer spoke about what his mindset will be heading into the Madrid Open. The Swiss triumphed in the tournament on all the three surfaces it was played in: hard in 2006, red clay in 2009 and blue clay in 2012. "It always helps having won in a place where you are coming back to, how to do it even though you cannot just press and repeat button and just do it all over again, it's a lot of work especially this week", said the Basel native. "Tough draw, number one number two, I have not played on clay for so long so expectations are extremely low and I am not saying that to put pressure on others. I just do not know where I am and if I can win in the first round already and that's already nice and it gives me the infos I need for now and I just hope I do not lose terrible in the first round, that's my fear."

Asked about the reasons why he has chosen to play in Madrid, Federer replied: "Altitude is always a very interesting place to play tennis and the ball bounces a lot, it's very lively, that can be good and bad because if you find your rhythm quick and you can just dominate out a player then it's all good. If you are on the other side, it's complicated to turn the tide, so from that standpoint it was not based on Madrid being a faster court than the others. It would just happen that the week was a better one to comeback."

We have not spoken about the situation, that has not happened yet. You cannot constantly talk, both of us have a lot to do. At the moment there is not much to speak about. I spoke with other Player's Council members on Friday and so I do not need to speak with Novak. Now everything is okay and correct. It's about looking to the future of tennis. There are a lot of question marks. But there is no rush to speak."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VQMZhc

No comments