Breaking News

Richard Gasquet: 'It will be tough against Roger Federer'

Richard Gasquet defeated Alejandro Davidovich in straight sets, 7-5 7-6, to reach the Madrid Open second round and book a second-round clash against Roger Federer. In an interview with Ubitennis, the Frenchman analyzed his win: “I’m very happy. It was a great and tough match for me to win. It has been a long time since I played, so it’s great. He’s a very good player. He will play good in the future, but I am happy with how I won. I’m a little bit tired now, but it’s normal for me. I haven’t played for many months and it is nice to be here and I hope to recover well.”

Gasquet does not consider himself as a favourite heading into the next match against the 20-time Grand Slam winner: “It will be tough, Roger Federer is the best player in the world. I will just try to recover and play my best against him."

In an interview to L'Equipe prior to the tournament, Gasquet had explained how his recovery process from a groin surgery has been since January: "I'm careful. I only play for an hour a day. The doctors told me I can play. My goal is to play again, play a match, to wake up the next day and be able to go again. I have worked a huge amount, 4-5 hours of rehabilitation a day. I did not have a single moment of relaxation. I did not need all of this to know that I love to play. I still have the desire to play. I hear guys say ... it's ok (being injured), you can stay at home, it does you good mentally... For me, it's been the complete opposite – it's been very hard, I have not enjoyed life at all."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YfAt8B

No comments