Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: '12 months ago situation was very different in Paris'

Novak Djokovic was asked about his rituals prior to the French Open. The Swiss player said: "Nothing really in particular days before Roland Garros. I don't do anything that is completely different from anything that I do in the different periods of the year. I do set up a strategy with my team to peak at the Grand Slams, because at this stage of my career, those are the ones that matter the most for me. Those are the tournaments where I want to play my best. So we try to obviously set up a training schedule that would allow me to reach so to say the top of my potential physically emotionally mentally for the Grand Slam. That doesn't mean that I take away the importance from other 1000 events or other events I take part on. They are very important for my confidence building, and of course I really want to win on every tournament that I participate, but of course Grand Slams just have a special place.

I love playing in Roland Garros always throughout my career, and especially in the last four or five years I received a lot of support from the French crowd and also international crowd that comes here. And I think because of that support, I also managed to win this title in 2016. 12 months ago, the situation was quite different. Obviously recovering from an elbow surgery, dropping out of top 20, and everything that I had to face on the court only 12 months ago. 12 months later I hold three slams and being No. 1 of the world, obviously it's quite a different feeling approaching the tournament, with more confidence, and hopefully I can have a good two weeks."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YLkTBS

No comments