Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'David Goffin will be a big challenge for me'

In a press conference at the French Open Rafael Nadal analyzed his upcoming third round match against David Goffin. "He is a very complex player. He has all the shots. He's a player who has an amazing career, and we practised a lot of times. We know each other well. He's an opponent that you need to play very well to have success against him. He is quick. He has very good angles. Gonna be, being honest, a big challenge to be in the third round. Here we are. I gonna try my best to be ready for it."

Analyzing his previous clashes against Goffin, Nadal added: "Being honest, I don't remember very well the Barcelona and Monte-Carlo ones. The Madrid one, I remember the match because have been a good match, because we play night session. I remember some couple of games in the second set that have been great shots in a row, so have been a very, yeah, very good match in general terms. Good level of tennis."

When a journalist gave him more details on his 2017 Monte Carlo Masters semifinals match against Goffin, Nadal added: "Ah, I remember now. The referee made a mistake. But being honest, I don't think much about what happened in the past. It's a long time away. The real thing is I know the kind of player that David is, and I know how well I have to play if I want to have chances to have success against him. So that's it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QAiMhk

No comments