Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: I think I'm playing well again

German tennis star Alexander Zverev was in great spirits following his French Open second-round win over Swedish qualifier Mikael Ymer 6-1 6-3 7-6 (3). 

Zverev, seeded at No. 5, lost the opening game of the match before he went on to win seven games in a row. 

World No. 148 Ymer served out the second game of the second set to put an end to Zverev's big run but the German then once again went on a run as he won the following three games before he served out for the set in the ninth game. 

The world No. 5 appeared to be heading toward a comfortable straight-set after breaking Ymer in the first game of the third set but the Swede broke back the German while he was serving for the match. 

However, Zverev kept his focus as he got off to a quick 4-0 tie-break lead before he converted his third match point to set up a third-round meeting against No. 30 seed Dusan Lajovic.

"I think I'm playing well again. I think a lot of tight matches have helped me in Geneva and here in the first round," Zverev said post-match.

"Yeah, today I was swinging at the ball quite nicely and hitting it very aggressively and it was a very good match for me." 

Zverev, who is targeting to finally make a splash at the Grand Slam this fortnight, hopes he won't be lacking support from the crowd. 

"As I said, I always enjoy playing here, I always enjoyed coming here since I'm a junior. I guess people, even though I'm 22 years old, people have watched me for a while here, so it's a great thing and I hope the crowd will give me a lot of support throughout the whole tournament," Zverev said. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EKacIj

No comments