Breaking News

Rafael Nadal dealing with upset stomach in Madrid

Rafael Nadal recently admitted his last 18 months were very tough due to many injuries. The Spaniard now has to overcome a new challenge. Ahead of the Madrid Open, the 17-time Grand Slam winner is dealing with an upset stomach, which forced him to cancel his daily training session and his pre-tournament press conference as well. Nadal's only appearance in the Caja Magica on Sunday only was at 11:00 AM when he attended players' tribute to David Ferrer who will retire from tennis this week. After that, Nadal left the tournament site with his agent Carlos Costa, his coach Carlos Moya and physiotherapist Rafael Maymo, coming back to a hotel in order to recover. Nadal's doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro is in the Spain's capital trying to help the world No. 2. Nadal is set to make his debut in this year's event on Wednesday against Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Another Spaniard, Garbine Muguruza, has already exited the Madrid event losing to Petra Martic in the first round. In press conference, the 2016 French Open winner said: "I think it's been a good match. I think both of us are playing at a good level. I think I've had a lot of chances in the first set and the second set. I have to be more wise, more intelligent playing. I think that I have committed a couple of errors and she took advantage of those errors and she was able to come back in the second set and win it. It is true I've had a lot of chances. I was planning on getting deeper in this tournament. It is my first match on clay and that is what I will take with me. I will keep on fighting to Rome, Roland Garros. It is just a tournament. It is very important, but it's just a tournament. Next week I have another one. I'll try to have a look at today's match and look at what I can change and what I can do better."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VSl00s

No comments