Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'In the third set I lost focus and intensity'

Rafael Nadal was satisfied with his straight-set win over Yannick Maden in the French Open second round. The Spaniard said: "It was, yeah, a good match for the first two sets. Not unbelievable, but, you know, 6-1, 6-2, with positive feelings. Then in the third, being honest, I think I lost a little bit of concentration and intensity. And then all the match became difficult. That's all. No, no, I had opportunities with 1-All I think I had Love-30, then I had the break in 3-2. He breaks me back. Then I break again, 40-15. A game that I made two double faults for 5-3. So he breaks me back. That's just about concentration, my feeling because the feeling on the match had been positive. The positive thing is every time that I had the mistake, then I had the break again, and that's the good news."

Asked if it was an easy match, Nadal replied: "I don't like the word "easy," because when you win always look easier. When you play well, things look easier. When you are playing bad, things look very difficult. Easy is never, but I can say have been a comfortable victory. I have been in control almost all the time. And that's the only thing that really matters."

Asked if he satisfied with his level, Nadal replied: "There are always things to improve. No, that's part of the day of work. But for the moment have been enough to be in the third round. Two good matches. Three sets."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2MfuWO8

No comments