Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is getting older, but will win the French Open - Expert

In an interview, the tennis coach Boris Sobkin commented on the clay season. He said: "It's clear that Rafael Nadal's level is not the same one now. He is getting older. Also, Rafa recently had a lot of game breaks due to injuries. In the French Open, there will be a history apart. Because in Paris matches were played at five sets, which can be an advantage for Nadal. The same thing is for Djokovic, who has not shown the same level as he did in January. That's completely clear. His problems on the game are off the court."

"Medvedev has played well. But his gamestyle is at a high intensity. However, I am happy for him even though he still has a lot to work on. The surface can fit him. Back in the day, Andrey Chesnokov said that Mikhail Youzhny and his game would have never got results on clay. He won his first career-title just on that surface in Stuttgart. Now tennis players are universal. I am supporting Karen Khachanov as well, he is now back to an old racket."

After his loss to Dominic Thiem in Barcelona, Nadal said: “I think my confidence is back and I believe I have made very important improvements and created a good base for try to achieve my goals in the next couple of weeks. Unlike that match against Fognini in Monte Carlo, I played well against Thiem, competing on a high level against a great opponent. I was competitive and enjoyed the match, happy with my improvements and how I felt on the court."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IXOJiQ

No comments