Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'My best match on clay this year was loss to Dominic Thiem'

Rafael Nadal believes he has made progress between Monte Carlo, where he lost to Fabio Fognini, and Barcelona where he was beaten by Dominic Thiem. "The best match on the clay season was against Thiem when I lost in the semifinals of Rome a week and a bit ago. In Barcelona, sorry", said Nadal. "That was the best tournament, the best match of this season, and today's match was completely different. Given the circumstances that we had today, I think it's been a correct match. Let's see what happens tomorrow. And, of course, all of the victories at this moment are really important for me because they help me to have another option to play the next day, as I'm saying. Two weeks' ago maybe the issue of playing the next day was not an opportunity to improve because I didn't feel like that on the training, but right now I'm training well. I have better feelings than a few weeks ago. So whatever can happen in a match, you know.

You go out there, you try to win against an opponent who is also trying to win his match. I think that every match gives me the possibility to go a step forward, a step forward that can help me a lot in my game and during the season. I think that today was an important match in that way and tomorrow it's another great opportunity to keep improving my feelings. I think that my feelings are fine, as I said. Training is good so we have to look at what happens during the matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vPvNtI

No comments