Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Rome is my home, I hope to go far there'

If Roger Federer's appearance in Rome is up in the air, Rafael Nadal's is confirmed. It was the same Spanish player to share his excitement for heading back to Foro Italico where he triumphed eight times, including the last one in 2018 over Alexander Zverev in a three-set final. "This is my home, it's a very important tournament for me and Rome is a great event where I had a lot of success last year. I won so many times and for me, it's always a very nice court with a big atmosphere. I am looking forward to it, I hope to have a good run once again", said Nadal.

Another player to watch on clay is Daniil Medvedev, who reached the Monte Carlo semifinals and Barcelona final. The Russian recalled his meeting with Stefanos Tsitsipas in 2018 Miami: "That match was tense and close. I remember I was not happy with some of Stefanos's actions. I do not remember I did something wrong personally, but after the match, he was not pleased with me. I had to give an answer. That happens to everyone. Even when you work in an office, there is always a person you hate. Or just a person who you do not want to speak to. The Internet has changed a lot in terms of conflicts. As soon as someone speaks too much during a match, he gets immediately noticed. For example, the controversy between Nick Kyrgios and Stan Wawrinka... In the past, no one remembered it, but now everyone is aware of it and everyone speaks of it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VRWCMI

No comments