Breaking News

Rafael Nadal to face Djokovic or Thiem in French Open final - Corretja

The former world No. 2 Alex Corretja said he doesn't expect an all Spanish clash in the French Open final like in 2013 with Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. "It would be a big surprise to me if it happened. Rafa will be there and then a lot will depend on who comes from the other side of the draw, but I expect a Djokovic or Thiem more than any other player. Tsitsipas is improving a lot, del Potro is always tough to beat, Roger Federer has come back, we have to see how Stan Wawrinka comes. On the women's, I think it's an opener picture than normal. Simona Halep will be boosted by her performances in Madrid, she, Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens are my favorites, but I do not know how Petra Kvitova or Serena Williams will do. Naomi Osaka still has to improve her game a lot. It will be an open event but those are the highlights."

On the Portuguese Joao Sousa, Corretja concluded: "I always said the same thing about him. He is a great hard worker and a player who everybody knows that will not be easy to face. I keep thinking that hard fits more to him than clay, even after his triumph in Estoril last year, which was a big result for him. If he reaches the French Open second week, it would be a great result."

On Naomi Osaka's chances to win the title, Mats Wilander said: "Her chances are pretty high. I do not know why she should not like clay. I saw her in Madrid and I think that she can do well. She is one of three or four biggest favorites."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2I60e4D

No comments