Breaking News

Roger Federer 'happy' not being asked about 100th career-title anymore

Roger Federer felt that winning his 100th career-title at the Dubai Tennis Championship more as a relief than a joy in some ways. The Swiss player, speaking ahead of the Indian Wells tournament, said: "Winning in Dubai, getting to 100, and not having to care about 99 titles for the entire season talking about it every week, are you gonna win your 100th title here and there, was a perfect week for me. I struggled a little bit in the beginning and then ended up really playing some great tennis, so it's gonna give me a lot of benefits moving forward, no doubts about it. I am getting over the jet lag well, I played well in Dubai and in Australia and at the Hopman Cup as well and the off-season was good, so from that standpoint there is no alarm begs ringing or red lights. The only problem could be my opponents, that they catch fire that day and play well. From my side I am just gonna give all I have and I hope that's good enough."

Asked how it is to answer questions over and over again about the 100 career-titles, Federer replied: "It doesnt bother me, it's something positvie to talk about, that is always much more fun than to be grilled about the forehand or backhand which do not work."

Asked when he understood he could be a great player, the 20-time Grand Slam winner added: "There is not an exact date with it because you mix it with the junior tour and stuff like that, the mindset. You bounce it and out and I remember when I got to play in my first Satellite on clay, I think that was a great few weeks. It was nice to play on the men's tour but then also if that didn't work out you quickly go play a little bit more in the junior again."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YiwGaw

No comments