Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I am a big admirer of David Ferrer's work ethic'

The "Big Three" praised David Ferrer on the Spanish player's retirement from tennis. Roger Federer shared some very kind words toward the Spaniard. “I'm a big admirer of his work ethic and personality", said the Spaniard. "The guy has been so solid for the last 20 years and he’s a player that, I think, is on the same level as me. He has my utmost respect. I just want to wish him the best with everything that his future has in store for him with his family.”

Rafael Nadal faced Ferrer 32 times and the Mallorcan appreciated his time as a teammate with the 37-year-old. “You are a great example of determination and hard work, and you have always behaved in the correct way, doing things right with the values necessary to motivate the youngsters. I’d like to congratulate you on your playing career and above all as a person. You are an exceptional colleague and you have been throughout your career. We’re going to miss you, not just the Spaniards, but the whole of tennis. I wish you the best for your future.”

On Ferrer, Novak Djokovic concluded: “I have great respect for him as a player and a person. His fighting spirit and his devotion to our sport have won him the admiration of all of us. In a way, it is sad to see him go.”

Ferrer, who won his only Masters 1000 title in 2012 Paris Masters, will probably work as a TV commentator in the future and will also play the senior tour.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DZ5qGk

No comments