Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I would love to face Rafael Nadal in Madrid final'

Ten years ago in Madrid Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal faced each other in the final with the Swiss prevailing in straight sets, 6-4 6-4. That was just the second win out of 15 matches played on clay by Federer over Nadal, who was coming from his epic marathon semifinal against Novak Djokovic.

Federer was asked if he would like to face Nadal again in the 2019 Madrid final as they are on the opposite sides of the draw. "Yeah, that means I'm in the finals", said the Swiss, who could meet Novak Djokovic in the semis. "And I didn't have many chances to beat him the last three years on clay (laughing), so years go by quickly. Sure I remember back to the finals here in Madrid as one of my good matches on clay, no doubt about it. I think he was pretty tired as well. I played solid. Yeah, of course, I would love to play on clay against him again, even though I know it's a tough challenge and all that. But again it would be nice to have played him at the beginning of his the career on clay and also at the very end and see how it all plays out. And if I said I don't want to play him on clay, I think then I would have made a mistake to be on the clay in the first place because he is the measuring stick for all us players."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HbMMNB

No comments