Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'New racket allows me to play more aggressively easier'

Roger Federer commented on how changing racket in 2014 made him play tennis easier. A few weeks ago Stefan Edberg, who worked with the Swiss in 2014 and 2015, said that this decision was the key for the Swiss to keep competing at his highest level. Looking back at it, Federer said: "I was having so much success, I felt so great with the old racket that I changed to in 2002 and then there were some variations to that racket all the way till 2014.

I think it in was the right time for me to change, I was happy to change, I was always talking to Wilson about what else could we create with technology because string technology has had a huge impact in tennis in recent years and also racket technology has been tremendous what we have seen in the changes from wooden rackets to what with we play on. That was unbelievable. So I was always open but it was difficult to make major changes, especially on the racket head size but when I had all the back problems in 2013, you know what, let's use that extra time in testing and that's where I felt the time was right for me to make a change, and I am happy I did because it paid off and now I can hit easier aggressive attacking tennis because before it was not that simple."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LxVREw

No comments