Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Now I need more time to recover'

In press conference in Paris Roger Federer was asked about what's the biggest difference than the past for his age. The Swiss will turn 38 in August.

"I think probably the biggest difference I feel is just sometimes recovery from an injury or from a certain pain you feel takes longer", said the Basel native. "You know, like when you have maybe a blocked back as a teenager, it's really going to hurt you for the rest of the day and maybe the next day, and after that it's kind of gone. Whereas maybe if you have that at my age it might linger and stay around for a week, maybe a month. Depends, you know, what your issue is. I feel like it's mostly there. Otherwise, whatever the surface is for me, thankfully I don't have an issue with grass, clay, or hard, it seems like anyway. I pulled up on the clay totally fine after Madrid. Of course I had some muscle pain in different places that maybe I wouldn't have had on the grass or the hard courts. That's normal and I will feel those muscle pains as well when I go on the grass, maybe lower back or hips and all that stuff. Maybe you feel more pressure on it. But overall, I think it's all in how are you able to train, you know. And the problem is when you have niggling injuries, sometimes you're not able to train as much as you would like to, and that's when you start losing conditioning and you are starting to lose power, and one thing leads to another. That's why I'm just really happy that I have been as healthy as I have been. I think the results show that I have been able to play at a top level."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VYvIU6

No comments