Breaking News

Roger Federer playing in Madrid was the best news we could get - Lopez

In an interview, the Madrid Open Tournament Director Feliciano Lopez commented on Roger Federer making his first appearance in the Spanish tournament since 2015. "It's the best news we could get, even though I did not help in the decision of making him here...", said the Spaniard.

On Ferrer retiring from tennis, Lopez added: "David's farewell is sad because we lived a lot of emotions together. But this year we basically have all the players. I want people to be aware that we will see three of the best guys in history here, this week. It's difficult that they can coincide again. When they will retire, you will see some emptiness. They built the most impressive area we have lived in. That's history that will not be repeated."

The Toledo native finally commented on how it feels to be a Tournament Director and in the same time seeing players compete in such an important tournament: "When I see my friends competing, I will definitely be a bit sad... Us sportsmen have proudness but now I have to be in another position."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JjWjDI

No comments