Breaking News

Serena Williams' 2018 US Open final behaviour was unacceptable - Schett

In an interview to Laola, TV presenter Barbara Schett commented on last year's US Open women's final controversy featuring Serena Williams against Naomi Osaka. "I think Serena Williams's behaviour in the final was unacceptable," admitted Schett. "She had no control. What makes me particularly disappointed if that she does not realize it and WTA backs her. Although the umpire did everrejk the well."

On her co-operation with the Swede Mats Wilander on Eurosport TV during Grand Slams, Schett added: "We understand each other perfectly, we have developed a deep friendship. Mats is a seven-time Grand Slam winner and players are always happy when they come to us."

She also spoke about her story in Kitzbuhel: "I have a very good memory, here I played my first WTA tournament, I beat my first top ten player and of course I have many friends and parents here. So I like to be here."

Asked how many times a year she is in Austria, Schett replied: "In summer, I travel a lot for Eurosport, sponsor events in Europa. In Innsbruck I only went for two weeks in May. I travel 20 weks a year. Time by time I am on the WTA Tour because my husband Joshua Eagle is coaching the Australian Samantha Stosur."

Serena will soon travel to Europe to prepare ahead of the Rome Open that starts on 12th of May.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VICexr

No comments