Breaking News

Serena Williams trains in Rome, ready to make comeback

Serena Williams was one of the first players who hit the training courts in Rome. Barely 48 hours after attending the Met Gala in New York, Serena has arrived in Rome with her family and her coach Patrick Mouratoglou on Wednesday. Her practice session was streamed on the official Rome Open Facebook page account. Serena last won this tournament in 2016 defeating her compatriot Madison Keys in a straight-set final.

Meanwhile, Jasmine Paolini reached the main draw as she won the pre-qualies and she shared her admiration for Williams: "She is the strongest player in this era. But I do not want to say who I would like to meet in the first round. I will definitely have to deal with emotions, I hope to deliver my best level and I am ready to enjoy this experience. I am so happy to reach the main draw, that was my goal. I cannot be anything but happy, I played some good matches and playing here was always a goal of mine. It will be a very hard tournament, high-level players are there but I hope to win one match."

After her 2016 final in the Foro Italico, Serena, commenting on her success, said: "It feels great. I mean, I have played, let's see, US Open, Australian, Miami, Indian Wells. So it's only four tournaments. So it's not like I was playing every week. So that's kind of how I look at it. But it feels great to win a title, especially on clay."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Jdirk0

No comments