Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas announces potential big change on 2020 schedule

The South American clay tournaments that take place in February have been struggling to attract top players and no solution has been found yet, although several of them asked to switch to hard. However, in an interview to Globo Esporte, Stefanos Tsitsipas confessed he may make his debut there. During that time of the year, Tsitsipas usually plays the European indoor hard court tournaments like Rotterdam, Sofia and Marseille. "It depends on my next year's calendar", said the 20-year-old Greek. "It's something I am thinking about with my team and my agent. If it fits my schedule, I would like to. I told my team I want to go to Brazil, as well as Argentina, I was never there. So I would like to play the clay season there."

Tsitsipas also shared his admiration for the three-time French Open winner Kuerten: "Guga is an idol. I remember he played very well. He is one of my old idols just like Pete Sampras. His game was more about clay, even if he won some hard-court tournaments. For me, he was a great clay-courter. We discussed on Thursday with my team to organize this meeting. It will be a great pleasure, he is a great person."

Tsitsipas is learning Portuguese and he is playing in the Estoril Open this week as a top seed, trying to go far after reaching the semifinals there 12 months ago.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UYGQLl

No comments