Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas fascinated me since the very beginning - Mouratoglou

In an interview to Spox, Serena Williams' coach Patrick Mouratoglou commented on Stefanos Tsitsipas's potential. The Greek has been training at the Frenchman's Academy for years. "Stef fascinated me since the first minute I saw him on YouTube. At the time he was 16 years old. What hit me that day was his ambition. He wanted to win every single point and he was not even waiting for his opponent's unforced error. He instead went to the net and took the responsability of his game. Since then he improved in an unbelievably quick way. But if you see him all days, that's not a surprise. I saw thousands of matches of him and I never saw him giving up. He is able to win matches against players who on the paper are better than him. He exactly knows what he wants to do. Since when I know him, he made giant steps forward every day," said Mouratoglou.

On the German rising star Rudolf Molleker, Mouratoglou concluded: "I have known Rudi for several years, since when he was 14 years old. He always spent time in the Academy in the past, and I always thought he had an enormous potential. Last winter, he joined my team to prepare for the season. Rudi is a great athlete. He loves the game and he has real weapons. He is also a very good fighter. Of course he has a lot of room for improvement, but he quickly rises the rankings. I believe in Rudi."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JgaoC4

No comments