Breaking News

Thiem: 'I do not see myself more important than Roger Federer, Djokovic'

In an interview to TennisNet, Dominic Thiem was asked if he did not expect him to be scheduled on the Arantxa Sanchez Court in Madrid against Reilly Opelka despite being the defending finalist and a world No. 5. "I was not surprised. I think there three women's matches and two men's. I do not see myself more important than Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer."

Asked if playing on a bigger court would have helped him, Thiem replied: "I would have liked to have one or two meters of room. I was totally behind and the ball was bouncing high. That's why playing on the Center Court or where there is more space is better."

He finally spoke about what makes this country so special: "I like Spaniards and South Americans. The life here is extremely positive, strong. The food is very good, of course. The Madrid and Barcelona tournaments are just amazing and it's not so tough to feel comfortable here."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30bwH1Y

No comments