Breaking News

Toni Nadal: 'Rafael should not be worried for his losses on clay'

Rafael Nadal's uncle, Toni, believes that his nephew can have the biggest success in Madrid, Rome and French Open despite his two losses in April. Toni said: "I think you should not be too worried. After many years, you take it being calm. In Monte Carlo he played pretty bad against Fabio Fognini, he had played in a normal way before. There he had a bad day. Then in Barcelona, when you are coming from a loss you are always a bit nervous. In his match loss, Thiem was a bit above him, he had to serve better, needed to be more prepared... I think the level will be good in the remaining clay tournaments. Now I have a different perspective when I was his coach losses influenced me more, as well as wins. I live his career like a very close relative to him, his losses hurt me, even if after many years you see things differently. He has had a very good career. We cannot always ask him much more. I see him well, being calmer, but with the desire of winning in Madrid. And especially in the French Open."

On Alejandro Davidovich's potential, Toni added: "I saw him a certain number of times. Not full matches, but several times and he is a player with a good future. The future depends on your desire to improve. In all the sports you can improve a lot. You have a kid who aims very high, Carlos Alcaraz, we will definitely see him at the top, I saw him play and I heard great things about him. He is a very serious guy when it comes to working. Davidovich is on his way, if he keeps progressing he will be on the Tour for many years, he can be on the Tour. If at 19 years he is in the Estoril quarter-finals, you know that if everything goes well he will be a good professional.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H2p8l7

No comments