Breaking News

Verdasco: 'I am not used to take breaks like Roger Federer,Rafael Nadal do'

In an interview to Marca, Fernando Verdasco commented on his fatherhood. Last month the Spaniard and his wife Ana Boyer became parents of a son. Asked if he would like to see his child becoming a tennis player in the future, Verdasco: "It excites me but it's not the priority. I had the desire to have a family for a while. I wanted to have children with Ana after getting married last year. I always liked kids a lot, I was always a very family person. I am 35 years old and I think it's a good age to have children. Maybe in a year or a year and a half, he will have realized I play tennis."

Who switches diapers at home? "Sometimes me, sometimes Ana. It's clear that she does do them more because I am busier with the practice sessions. A girl also helps us especially when we are in tournaments. As long as I play tennis, this person will be the key."

On how it felt not to compete in Indian Wells and Miami due to fatherhood, Verdasco concluded: "I think I was doing well because I was training hard. But I noted the lack of competition, of rhythm for stopping five weeks because for me that's not something normal. I am not used to that like Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal, who do not play in June and February. In Marrakech, I felt I came later to all the balls and I was uncomfortable for the entire match. I did not do well in Monte Carlo either. In Barcelona, I felt much better."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DZTJ2l

No comments