Breaking News

Zverev: 'Frustrating match. One year ago I would have probably won'

Alexander Zverev's bad year continued in Munich on Friday losing to Christian Garin in a three-set quarter-final match. The German was in the draw as a defending champion and he was seeking his third consecutive crown there. “It was a frustrating match today", admitted the 22-year-old, who had defeated Juan Ignacio Londero in the opening round. "Christian is a good player, in particular on clay. He plays an aggressive style of tennis, taking the ball pretty early. However, I had my chances and two match points but it’s not working out at the moment. Last year, I would have probably won the match 7-5 in the third, this year I lost in this kind of situations. I was on a nine-match winning streak here in Munich, which was very nice but all good things come to an end. I am looking forward to next year.”

Zverev was also asked if there is anything to do in particular so that the situation changes: “You can’t do anything. I will start to get ready for the next tournament, hoping for a better a run in Madrid." He will try to defend 1,000 points in the Spanish event. Next week he will be world No. 4 as Roger Federer overcame him.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Ln3g9G

No comments