Breaking News

Zverev: I have good chances to be at the top when Federer, Nadal retire

In an interview to AS, Alexander Zverev was asked if he saw himself ready to get to the top once Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal retire from the professional tour. "Hopefully, yes. It's very difficult because there are other very young guys. The most important thing is that the future of tennis is in good hands. I have good options to achieve it," said Zverev in Madrid.

On his relationship with his coach Ivan Lendl, Zverev added: "We speak a lot, he will come to Paris. We have a lot of things on the line and everything goes very well."

Asked if his preparation ahead of the Grand Slams have changed, Zverev replied: "No. I always prepare the same, in a professional way and as best as possible, in Majors too. It's about playing better and keep giving my best so that results come. My game doesn't worry me. I only think about playing at my best level again. I improved my serve, the return and especially the forehand. I think I am a better player than the past year, but I need to show that on court."

On his bad season so far, Zverev concluded: "That's tennis, sometimes it happens, you lose some important matches. Despite that, I feel that I will be better every day. I think the match against Christian Garin (in Munich) was very good for me despite losing it having two match points. The level was very high and the proof is that Christian won the title."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Jum1p4

No comments