Breaking News

Fernando Verdasco: 'Even Federer and Nadal lose. I accept it'

In an interview to Marca, Fernando Verdasco said he does not see the finish line of his career yet. "Tennis is my life and everything I did", admitted the 35-year-old. "As a kid, I was watching thousands of matches from all the tournaments. I like to play, I like everything connected to it. As long as I see myself having options to fight and beat the best guys in the world, sometimes losing, because even Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer lose, I will keep being there. When I see I cannot or that I have an injury that makes me play being painful, I will leave."

For the first time since 2004, Nadal heads into May with no titles. Should his fans be worried about his chances on clay? "I think Rafa went through tough times in his career and he went through them like the others. It's impossible to have 13, 13 or 15 perfect years. Someone will come."

Asked if his son who is just some weeks old is more important than tennis now to him, Verdasco replied: "My son is my son and if I have to choose between him or tennis I clearly will pick my son. For me, the goal is to keep putting the same blues on tennis than before he was born. I will try to play the same tournaments and not stopping to play events because of him. We travel with him", concluded Fernando, who will face Karen Khachanov next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LyV6uV

No comments