Breaking News

Andy Murray reacts to comeback win at Queen's Club

Great Britain's Andy Murray didn't hide his happiness after making a winning comeback at the Queen's Club. 

The 32-year-old and partner Feliciano Lopez knocked out top seeds Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah 7-6 (5) 6-3 in what was the Scott's first match since undergoing a hip resurfacing surgery in January. 

Both teams held on to their serve in the first set as Murray and Lopez converted their first set point in the tie-break to claim a tight opener.

Murray and Lopez then broke the top seeds in the sixth game of the second set and then held on to their serve to clinch the win. 

"It was brilliant. I enjoyed it a lot. I was a little bit slow at the beginning but got better as the match went on. I really enjoyed it. I’m very fortunate to be back playing tennis once again," Murray said post-match, per Metro UK.

"I absolutely love playing on this court. It’s a brilliant place to play tennis. I felt quite relaxed today in the build up to it but we both said to each other as we were walking to the court that I’m starting to feel a little bit nervous now that maybe showed a bit at the beginning but that’s what you want when you’re playing tennis, you want the nerves, you want the butterflies in your stomach and I had that today."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IuK8Tx

No comments