Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: I don't agree with on-court coaching at all

Nick Kyrgios commented on the US Open's initial plans for introducing on-court coaching. The Australian player said: "I don't agree with it at all. I think on-court coaching shouldn't be a part of the sport. I don't think -- like, it's supposed to be one on one. You're supposed to figure out things yourself when you're out there on-court. And especially for guys who don't have a coach, like myself or guys who can't afford a coach, like, it's not really a level playing field when you have a guy that's literally talking to their players on-court. Makes no sense."

Asked how tough travel is, Kyrgios replied: "It's tough, especially from Australia. If you live in Europe and you lose at a tournament, you can catch a train or a couple-hour flight to get back home and refresh. I spent almost six months away from home last year. I mean, I'm not the most mentally steady person in general, but when I'm away from home, I struggle. But, yeah, I mean, it's not easy. That's why you have to get the good people around you, try to get that home environment. That's why London, I get an Airbnb, try and get that home environment going."

Asked if being outspoken influences him, Kyrgios replied: "At times it does. I mean, in society today, when someone is being honest, it causes a bit of a stir. So, I mean, I just say what I think and I just go about it the way I go about it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2L5F8GE

No comments