Breaking News

Auger-Aliassime: Tsitsipas has beaten Nadal, Djokovic, Federer

Felix Auger-Aliassime commented on Stefanos Tsitsipas saying that the Canadian, right now, is a better player than the Greek is now despite Tsitsipas is higher ranked. "Maybe the way we match up is better for me or maybe -- yeah, I guess when we play, I have the advantage on him, but at the same time, I think it would be wrong for me to say that I'm a better player than him. If you just look at the results he's had, I mean, I think he has, what, three titles already on different surfaces, he's beaten all the top players, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer," said Auger-Aliassime. "So, I think objectively he's a better player. He's better ranked and he's a better player than me, but maybe the matchup, one against each other, I have a bit of an advantage. I don't know."

On how he manages to stay calm in key moments, Auger-Aliassime added: "That's what I work for. I think I kind of visualize myself -- whenever I'm training, whenever I'm working in the gym, I'm visualizing myself to be playing these type of matches and win these type of matches. So I think when the day comes, I feel prepared, I feel ready, and as well with the experience I have gained over this year and last year with different situations, playing finals now, so obviously that adds also a lot of things and a lot of positive things, because now I feel, like, better. I handle these situations better and I stay calmer as you said. That's obviously been a big key mentally for me this year."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IAHXxT

No comments